Standalone version is available for immediate download and the app store one has just been submitted to Apple for approval.
DaisyDisk 2.1 features two localizations (folks from Germany and Russia, rejoice) and greatly improved support for OS X Lion. Sooth to say even previous versions of DaisyDisk have been “Lion ready”, but even minor glitches are annoying, so we’re getting rid of them. As well as trying to take advantage of new technologies :)
Starting from version 2.1 DaisyDisk is no longer Leopard compatible, you’ll need to use version 220.127.116.11 (available on our support page) if you still rely on PPC/Leopard.
What’s new in 2.1
OS X Lion:
- Fullscreen mode
- Window state resume
- Volumes encrypted with FileVault 2 are clearly marked as such, support parallel scan
Other changes and improvements:
- Disk usage gauge and sidebar scale up according to the window’s size
- Removed main window’s bottom bar: less vertical screen space, looks better on Lion
- New navigation for returning to the list of disks and folders
- Updated all buttons and controls with more polished graphics
- Fixed some minor graphic glitches on OS X Lion
- Updated third-party frameworks to the most recent versions
- Help file updated to reflect most recent changes
- Localization program is back: DaisyDisk now speaks Russian and German, more languages to come soon
- Tons of smaller fixes and tweaks
Other updates will follow during next months.
Yours truly, DaisyDisk Team.